To be eligible for membership of AMRC, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- It must be registered as a charity in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- One of its principal activities or charitable objects is funding medical research in the UK.
- The charity follows AMRC's standards in peer review.
- It must have a published research strategy.
- It has a formal written policy on conflicts of interest.
- The charity endorses the AMRC's position statements on supporting research in universities and the use of animals in research.
Membership applications are reviewed by the Executive Council, which has absolute discretion in deciding whether or not to admit an organisation as a member.
The membership criteria are described in Regulation 3 of our Standing Orders.